Aged Parent visa Consultation
"*" indicates required fields
You guys were absolutely amazing to work with, all your process for the application was on point making us to collect the evidence smoothly. Thank you so much Mark and team
Aged Parent Visa Main Benefits
You get to be together in Australia with you parents, this means they can be more involved in your or your children’s lives.
- They can stay in Australia indefinitely
- Be permanent residents
- Become Australian Citizens
- Access Medicare
- Be close by so you know if they fall, you can get to them in minutes rather than hours or even days, if you can get a flight.
Discover The Aged Parent Visa
An Aged Parent Visa allows older parents to join their child who is already living in Australia. An Aged Parent visa requires sponsorship from an eligible child in Australia.
The government limits the number of available Aged Parent visas available each year. Therefore, applicants who apply and meet core criteria for this visa are placed in a global queue.
This visa is cheaper than applying Under the Contributory Parent visa program. However your Mum and or Dad will get to be with you in Australia on a Bridging visa while they wait for their Aged Parent Visa to be processed
To find out if you are eligible for the aged parent visa, Book a Consultation with our migration agent. We will assess your situation and recommend the right visa option based on your needs.
How we work with you
- File management by one of our experienced Migration Consultants
- Guidance and instructions on the specific documentation and forms
- Submission of the visa application on your behalf
- Assistance with any government requests for additional information
- Secure Client Area access
- Notification of all government correspondence and what we need from you
Australian Aged Parent Visa – Basic Requirements
To apply for an Aged Parent visa, applicants must meet the age requirement, pass the “balance of family” test and be sponsored by their child.The Sponsoring Child must be:
- an Australian citizen,
- an Australian permanent resident or,
- an eligible New Zealand citizen settled in Australia.
An aged parent is someone who is old enough to be granted an Australian age pension. For applicants, the qualifying age is currently 66 years and 6 months depending on the applicant’s date of birth.
Balance of family
The ‘balance of family’ test applies to all Parent visa applicants and the applicant must demonstrate that they have:
- at least half of their children living lawfully and permanently in Australia; or
- more children living lawfully and permanently in Australia than in any one single country overseas.
An Onshore Aged Parent visa must be applied for onshore (In Australia) and applicants are required to be in Australia at the time the visa is granted.
All Australian visa applicants are required to satisfy health and character requirements.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Adam W - Client
We had a couple of meetings with a few different migration agents before deciding to proceed with Migration Australia. Mark met with us and gave us the confidence through his knowledge that we could apply. I would highly recommend Migration Australia to anybody.
Heather D - Client
The team were very attentive and knowledgeable. Everyone i spoke to was very friendly and made the process as easy as possible for myself and Coral. They answered emails very quickly and kept me in the loop every step of the way. I would recommend the team to anyone looking for help or advice
Bernadette O - Client
We felt very supported by you and we couldn’t have asked for a better person to help us. …. We got all the updates needed, felt very supported, informed, not judged, not rushed. …. The outcome of getting the visa granted has been the beginning of good things to come. Thanks so much.