bring your wife to australia

Sometimes my clients ask me” How do I bring my wife to Australia?”

There are a number of places to start to answer this question.

However, I have some questions that you may want to answer first.

These are:

  • Option 1: Do you want to bring your wife to Australia on a tourist visa first? and then apply for a partner visa 820/801 while she is here? or,
  • Option 2: Do you want to apply for a Subclass 309/100 partner visa while she is out side of Australia?

If you answered yes to the first question, and want to being your wife to Australia and then apply for a partner visa, Migration Australia WA can help you.

Please be aware that for some countries, the Department of Immigration have a a requirement that a tourist visa have a “No Further Stay” condition attached to it. If your wife has one of these, it means that she can not apply for a partner visa while she is here. and you will have to go with option 2.

Option 2, if you want to bring your spouse/fiancee to Australia, you will need to apply for a two part Partner Visa (Subclasses 309 and 100). When applying for this visa, you apply for both a temporary and a permanent visa in one application. The visa allows your partner to enter (or remain) in Australia on the basis of marriage or a de facto relationship with you on:

  • Subclass 390 is a temporary visa (usually valid for a  period of approximately two years).
  • Subclass 100 is a permanent visa if, after the first visa, your partner relationship still exists and you are still eligible for this visa.

There is many people willing to offer you advice on how to to apply for a partner visa and what to include in your application. Many of the mare not experts in Immigration Law.

Contact Us

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.